Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Spreadsheet

Today I received my IVF schedule of medicines spreadsheet.  Basically every day is mapped out for me medicine wise in these fun colors with names of drugs I have a hard time pronouncing.  It's always comforting putting things into your body that you can't pronounce, right?  Now I wait for the online pharmacy to call me back about acquiring these needles, syringes, and whatever else is required for this science experiment.

It wasn't until I got the schedule that it really hit me that we are going to do this.  All this time we were committed to the May IVF cycle, but in the back of my mind I thought we would get pregnant and be that rare couple that conceived before they started the process.  It didn't happen that way, and I'm okay with it.  So much of life doesn't happen the way we planned it to.  The important thing is being flexible with the process.

So, in 12 days I will give myself my first shot and won't look back.  Then it will basically be lather, rinse, repeat over and over again.  We have no idea what is going to happen, but we are hoping for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment