Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Day We Became a Family of 5

It's been a while since my last blog, but I am proud to announce that on July 1st we welcomed our twin boys into the world at 8:13 p.m. and 8:14 p.m.  Larsen Michael was 5 lbs. 3 oz. and 18 3/4 inches long, while Finn Ryan was 5 lbs. 11 oz. and 19 inches long.  They were born at 35.5 weeks and were completely healthy and happy little boys who didn't need any sort of assistance.  We were so happy to finally see their faces!

Until 31 weeks I had a totally normal pregnancy and most of the time forgot the fact that I was carrying twins besides feeling movements all over my stomach.  At 31 weeks I started having intense pre-term contractions that sent me to L&D.  Thankfully I didn't have any dilation, and it stayed like that for weeks.  Every day I battled the contractions and was on medicine to slow them down.  At 35 weeks I went back to L&D where they worked their magic to slow them down again to try to get me to 36 weeks.  Then, a few days later, the contractions had their way and wouldn't slow down after hours at the hospital.  We discussed it with our doctor and decided it would be best to go ahead and do the c-section because of the stress it was causing to my body.  Carrying almost 11 lbs. of just babies is hard work!

I had an emergency c-section with Anna that was a little traumatic because of a cord prolapse condition. I was really hoping for a different experience this time.  This time around everything was absolutely perfect!  I wouldn't change anything about my birth experience.  My c-section was absolutely beautiful.  I was being taken care of by a doctor that I saw at every single appointment who was there for us day and night throughout the pregnancy.  My doctor was so good about walking me through everything he was doing, and I was never worried the whole time.  Everything went so smoothly, and minutes later Michael watched our doctor pull both boys out.

The rest of our 5 night stay at the hospital was incredible.  I really didn't want to leave.  We had the best nurses, and our boys were being monitored closely but still got to spend a lot of time with us in our room.  We spent our 4th of July snuggling our babies who showed up 4.5 weeks early.  Anna was really excited to meet her baby brothers too!  

I love that all 3 of our kids are complete miracles.  Our journey to get them was different, but they have stories that are backed by a lot of prayer.  I am constantly reminded of how perfect God's timing is.  They came at the perfect time as my doctor said my uterus was starting to get really thin and could've ruptured if we waited much longer.  Also he confirmed the necessity of us doing IVF because of what was going on in my body.  So far the nights are long and the days are short, but we are so grateful for the opportunity to have not one but two babies again.  They are the sweetest little boys who we will cherish for the rest of our lives.  Thank you for following our story!

No comments:

Post a Comment