Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Let the Games Begin

Today is the day that our second IVF cycle officially begins!  I am feeling optimistic and hopeful thanks to some encouragement from a friend this morning.  I was feeling a little guilty wanting more children when we have this amazing little 3.5 year old who lights up our life every day.  She reminded me that it's not ungrateful to want more children and to hold on to the promises God's given us.  So if you are reading this, thank you for speaking life into our situation!  Anna truly is our reminder of how big God is, but we have such a strong desire in our hearts for more like her.  We would love it if our family consisted of 3 perfect girls right Michael?  I am testing to see if my husband is reading this :)

I headed to the hospital early this morning to get my first blood draw of the cycle.  Thankfully, for a frozen embryo transfer there are only two of these compared to the 6 or 7 I had with my first cycle.  Then after a trip to my RE for my baseline ultrasound (that literally lasted a minute), I was given the thumbs up to add some more medications to my regimen.  In addition to my Lupron shots, I am now taking aspirin, a steroid, prenatal vitamins, and wearing estrogen patches.  

Next week they will check my lining through another ultrasound to make sure everything is good to go for the transfer.  In the meantime we are just hanging out enjoying some trips and time together as a family.  This round I am trying massage therapy to see if it helps with the process.  Who doesn't love an excuse to get a 90 minute massage once a week?  I have this awesome therapist who is teaching me all about essential oil candles and taking deep breaths.  Although at my massage this week I was walking back to my car and a dog almost jumped through a car window at me.  I'm pretty sure that undid all the relaxation that happened in my session.  

So the games have officially begun for us in this next round.  July will be a month of waiting and hoping just like the many months and years before.  Thanks for the well wishes and prayers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment