Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Roller Coaster Ride

I hate roller coasters with a passion. I get motion sickness riding on a swing so you can imagine what would happen on a roller coaster. Ferris wheels are okay but nothing else. I did do Splash Mountain in the 5th grade and screamed so loud I think I broke my mom's ear drums. I do not enjoy the thrill that comes along with it.

Lately life has been like a roller coaster emotionally and physically. Although I am learning a lot and growing it has been pretty rough. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. There are other ways to learn the good ole life lessons we have been learning. The ups have been few and far in between and the downs have seemed to dominate but we are determined to keep going.

After lots of ups and downs with my OBGYN we have decided it is time to move to a reproductive endocrinologist (a.k.a a fertility doctor) to get more insight into what is going on. My doctor has been great but we have come to the end of her knowledge on the subject. So now we move into finding the right RE for us in the Bay Area. It seems like there are thousands of clinics to choose from but hopefully we will find the right fit quickly.

We are looking for a doctor with a positive outlook on our situation who is dedicated to helping us do whatever it takes to get past whatever health issues are holding us back from expanding our family. Does that kind of doctor exist?

So here we go moving back up the roller coaster that we don't want to be on anymore. The truth I hold on to is knowing that God promises to work all things together for our good. We believe that none of our struggles will be wasted.

I keep holding on to the hope that one day this will all be a distant memory. Until then we will keep fighting because anything of any kind of value is worth fighting for.

Life is a roller coaster so we better hold on tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment