Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hope and Grief

"Thank you, Hannah, for being an example of grace in the midst of grief." - Hannah's Hope



"Knowing God is in control doesn't always keep pain at bay.  As you find yourself in uncomfortable places or conversations, ask God to give you grace to survive the moment, along with an understanding heart to hear the intended meaning behind your friend's words." Jennifer Saake

I have been eyeing this book for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger and bought it.  So far it provides an excellent account of the Biblical story of Hannah and what she endured to get her Samuel.  If you or a loved one is struggling with infertility I would highly recommend this book.  I am reading it quickly and I will probably have to read it again for it all to sink in.  Jennifer Saake hits the nail on the head on so many levels with this book.  The grief and ache from the longing for anything is almost unbearable at times, but what keeps us moving forward is hope.

My desire is to be like Hannah who was an example of grace in the midst of grief.  Some days (especially with the overload of fertility hormones) I'm not very graceful but I will always get up and try again.  People are counting on us continuing the fight to believe for breakthroughs in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment