Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm Still Here

I needed a few days to decompress from blog writing.  It's almost been two weeks since we found out that our first round of IVF didn't work.  I definitely have my ups and downs, but for the most part we are trying to look forward to our next round.  Sometimes it stings a little when I see pregnant women or families with multiple children.  Of course I am nothing but happy for these people, but things like this set off the sadness that can creep up.  I wasn't prepared at church on Sunday when they did baby dedications.  I lost it and we had to politely excuse ourselves.  My friend reminded me that one day we will be dedicating our baby with his/her own miraculous story.  It's always good to remember that things won't always be like this.

I am back on birth control pills to prepare for the next cycle in July.  We meet with our doctor in two days to discuss plans for the next round.  Anna still wakes up almost every morning asking when she's going to get her baby brother.  I tried to explain that we don't know when that will happen and in all her 3 year old wisdom she replied, "The waiting, it's so hard."  I agree Anna, the waiting is so hard.

Life is pretty much back to "normal" around our house.  As normal as it can be when you're going through this process.  I will continue to blog but I probably won't post the links to Facebook anymore.  Please check back from time to time if you're interested.  I will try to create a fancy button that lets you subscribe to the blog for updates.

There's a song that we've been singing a lot around our house.  Even Anna loves to belt out the chorus.  I thought I would include the lyrics in this post.  It's "It is Well" from the new Bethel CD.  At the end of the day I take comfort because it is well with my soul.

Verse 1
Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard

Chorus
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me

Verse 2
Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can’t see

And this mountain that’s in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

Bridge
So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name 

It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul

1 comment:

  1. I know this struggle can be too hard to handle, but you have so many who are praying for you, Michael and Anna to be strong and go through this with as much peace and patience as is necessary. I will keep your sweet family in my prayers.
    Ginny Kems= gakamoto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete