Thursday, May 8, 2014

Follicles

We are another day closer to retrieval day!  Today I went in for another ultrasound and brought Michael with me.  He brings so much stability and peace to everything.  This appointment went a lot better than the last.  Basically everything is on schedule for a Sunday or Monday retrieval day.  We saw 17 follicles growing on my ovaries.  This is a great number but it could be a little lower because some might be cysts.  We are extremely happy with the way things are going.  The staff at the clinic are so supportive and encouraging.  It's nice to be treated with so much care. 

When I had my c-section with Anna the doctor took pictures of my ovaries because he was concerned about the cyst formations.  I recently had those pictures put in my file at the fertility clinic.  It's not the prettiest site to see but the nurse said the sweetest thing to me before I left today.  She said "Your ovaries are beautiful."  This meant a lot to me after having many doctors exclaim about the unusualness of the pictures.  This may sound crazy to you but when you're going through infertility any encouragement can completely turn your day around.  

We are holding on to many Bible verses through this time.  There is one in particular that has stuck with me over the past couple of days. I remember holding on to this verse when we were trying to get pregnant with Anna.  Isaiah 54:1-3, "Sing, O Childless woman, you who have never given birth!  Break into loud and joyful song, O Jerusalem, you who have never been in labor.  For the desolate woman now has more children that the woman who lives with her husband.  Enlarge your house; build an addition.  Spread out your home, and spare no expense!  For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities."  I believe that we will soon be bursting at the seams in our tiny, California bungalow!

No comments:

Post a Comment