Saturday, May 10, 2014

Trigger Shot

On the eve of my 4th Mother's Day we are doing something I never knew we would do until a few months ago.  It's pretty exciting, at least for us.  At exactly 9:30 p.m. I will get my final subcutaneous shot, Ovadril, the trigger shot.  It will cause the eggs to release.  That's right; my follicles are finally ready to go!  In 36 hours we will be doing our first egg retrieval. 

Originally we hoped for a symbolic Mother's Day retrieval, but my follicles needed a little more time.  Thankfully we waited because everything looked even better on my ultrasound this morning.  This way I can enjoy Mother's Day since Michael was deployed last year at this time.  

I am trying not to think of any and every scenario as we wait for the next step in our IVF cycle.  We are praying for lots of mature eggs that grow into healthy embryos.  This is an exciting and hopeful time for us!

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing ladies out there and to everyone believing to become a mother for the first or fifth time!  If you think of us on Monday morning, please say a prayer for our tiny embryos.


No comments:

Post a Comment