Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wasp and Bee

We are now three days into our first IVF cycle.  Tonight will be my third round of shots.  Every day I take a prenatal vitamin, a steroid, and an aspirin.  Then, at night, Michael gives me two separate subcutaneous shots.  The purpose of this phase is to stimulate the ovaries to produce a lot of follicles.  I go in for frequent blood draws and ultrasounds to monitor what's going on.

So far so good on everything pain wise.  One of the shots feels like a bee sting and the other burns more like a wasp sting but it usually goes away after ten minutes.  I haven't felt any side effects from anything so that is another positive.  The nurse warned that after about four days I might get a little "weepy."  I guess weepy is better than angry.

Nothing much else to report at the moment.  Things should pick up next week as we get closer to the harvest time.  We are staying strong and hoping for good things to come from this cycle!  Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you on this journey! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete