Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Positive Strep Test

This year for Christmas I got strep throat while we were visiting family in Houston.  You better believe I was the first person at the Walgreens Wellness Clinic the next morning ready to be diagnosed.  She took the Strep Test right away and what do you know two lines showed up.  What came next just made my unassuming husband shake his head.  I immediately got excited and said, "Yes we finally got a positive test!"  Later he asked if the doctor really needed to know that.  I told him I couldn't resist a humorous moment.

Negative pregnancy tests are hard to stomach when you try for a long time or even if you haven't been trying for long.  I hardly ever take them anymore.  I do still remember the elation when we finally got a positive with Anna.  To be sure I took about 4 of them.  One day we will get another positive and this time I will take 5 just to relish in the moment.

We have not lost our ability to make jokes through this process and I think that's really important.  I love to laugh and I'm not going to let anything steal my laughter!

Here's to a positive test that doesn't involve strep in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment