Friday, January 17, 2014

Great Test Results

Today I went in for my HSG test.  I have been waiting over 10 weeks to get this done.  I think I was more nervous about the pain than the actual results.  A little codeine helped in the pain department.  I brought my entourage with me (Michael and Anna) who waited in the posh spa like waiting room at CHOMP.  I have never seen a hospital that looks so much like a spa.  The nurse was a little surprised I wasn't bringing any one back with me to hold my hand through it but that wasn't an option.

After asking the nurse 1,000 questions we finally got started.  I couldn't have asked for a nicer doctor than the one I got.  He kept me preoccupied talking about Navy life.  The test really wasn't that bad.  I would compare it at times to a really bad contraction or cramping and it was all pain that subsided quickly.  It was all over in about 30 minutes.

The dye passed really quickly through the left tube.  I was already excited that at least one was working properly.  I mean you only need one to get pregnant!  Then he kept adding more dye to the right side and trying all sorts of tricks to get it through.  Finally the dye came through the right side.  He said it was hard to tell if it was blocked or not but I am guessing it was.  So now my tubes are nice and clear.  I know that is way too much information but I'm just so excited about it!

I meet with my doctor next week to discuss what's next.  Hopefully this means everything is working right!

Thanks for all of your support and prayers.  I will keep on blogging and telling my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment